The entrepreneurship program ‘TrepCamp comes back this summer for the 4th time to Silicon Valley.
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, ESTADOS UNIDOS, June 28, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — 100+ international young entrepreneurs are coming to Silicon Valley!
The entrepreneurship program ‘TrepCamp comes back this summer for the 4th time to Silicon Valley with a new generation of aspiring entrepreneurs ready to tackle key global challenges.
‘TrepCamp started in 2013 as a bi-national entrepreneurship training program under the framework of the Mexico-United States entrepreneurship and innovation council (MUSEIC), and is now one of the leading entrepreneurship training programs in America with participants of 20+ countries. https://trepcamp.org/
Each year, young aspiring entrepreneurs, called Treps, travel to top innovation ecosystems for a 3-week program to tackle key global challenges guided by an entrepreneur in residence and the help of mentors. In parallel, they connect to the host ecosystem through seminars with experts and by visiting incubators/accelerators, innovation centers, and leading companies. https://issuu.com/trepcamp/docs/advanced_program_issuu
The Treps select the challenges that most interest them among an initial list of 36 challenges based on the global megatrends and build teams of 5 people to solve them. The challenges are divided into 3 categories:
• The “IMPACT challenges” to solve some of the world’s most urgent challenges and impact the lives of millions.
• The “EMTECH challenges” to disrupt key industries and challenge existing dominant players by using emerging technologies.
• The “NEXTGEN challenges” to imagine the next generation solution for key industries and create new business opportunities.
You can find the entire list in the attached pdf file “List of Challenges”.
2017 Silicon Valley Program
Two groups of 50 entrepreneurs will come to Sillicon Valley. The first group will stay at UC Berkeley from June 12th to 30th and another one will stay at Stanford from July 10th to 28th.
ENTREPRENEUR IN RESIDENCE
A.C. Ross, Marketing Strategy Consultant & Professor of Entrepreneurship at Hult Int'l Business School, is the Entrepreneur in residence for the Berkeley program. He guides the Treps through workshops and mentoring sessions about the first steps of a business creation from the understanding of the problem to solve, to the development of an innovative and viable solution and its prototype. https://www.linkedin.com/in/acrossmktgguy/
Sangita Verma, founder at HiLytes, Inc., is the Enrepreneur in Residence for the Stanford program. The common thread in her career is to start up ventures, sometimes within established companies and sometimes on her own. She specializes in emerging areas, emerging cross platform consumer technologies, game and video industry, fundraising, communication, and evangelizing. https://www.linkedin.com/in/sangitaverma/
A group of 18 highly talented mentors also advices the teams and helps them to develop their projects during the whole program. All the TrepCamp mentors have a strong entrepreneurial experience and knowledge of the so-called “Bay Area” ecosystem in order to connect the teams to the appropriate people:
• Ivan Lozano – Founder at Iron Dones
• Andrew Heywood – Expert on Talent Acquisition, Partner & Advisor at DAQRI
• Arturo Garrido – Staff Software Engineer at Tesla
• Blas L. Pérez – Founding Director at the Global Energy, Water & Infrastructure Innovation Initiative – Stanford
• Cheryl Edison – CEO at Edison International
• Robespierre Reyes – Founder at iRecargones and consultant
• Alexis Gerberis – CEO, Co-founder at ALSEN
• Lucía Moroni – Co-Founder & Managing Director at Pranalog Marketing
• Irina Pesterean – Strategic Development Manager at StartX
• Meghan Stevenson – Executive Assistant at Ribbit Capital and co-founder at Project Binario
• Adarsh Uppula – Co-founder at Gogohire
• Nallely Gomez – Blogger, personal coach & entrepreneur
• Felipe Colin- Lead Automation Engineer at Plan Grid
• Nora Naranjo- Mechatronics Enginees at EATSA
• Homero Rivas- Stanford Director of Innovative Surgery
• Jose Miguel Ramos- CEO Envelp (Venture Capital)
• Pedro Sorrentino- Co-founder at Building my VC firm
• Paul Herbert – Head of partnerships at Parisoma
In addition, the Treps have to opportunity to get inspired by successful entrepreneurs who come to the university to meet them and share with them their own entrepreneurial experience and knowledge on their areas of expertise.
The speakers who join the adventure this year are the following:
• Rodrigo Sanchez Servitje – Co-founder at B37 Venture capital fund
• Damian Madray – Design Partner at DXLab
• Rebecca Woodcock – Entrepreneur in Residence at 500 startups
• Dennis Tsu – Executive Director, Corporate Strategy at SRI International
• Homero Rivas – Director of Innovative Surgery at Stanford School of Medicine
• Alexis Garberis – Cofounder at Alsen
• Blas Pérez – Founding Director at the Global Energy, Water & Infrastructure Innovation Initiative – Stanford
• Pedro Sorrentino- Venture Capitalist
• Jose Miguel Ramos – CEO EnvelpVenture Capital
• Bahigh Acuna- Co-founder & CEO of Critical Masser
• Angel Saad Gómez- VC at Oak Investment Partners
• Ann Winblad- Co-Founder, Managing Director at Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
In order to immerse themselves in the ecosystem, the Treps visit leading and innovative companies in Silicon Valley:
• 500 Startups
• Automotive Lab
• SRI International
• Stanford University
• UC Berkeley
DEMO DAY & INVESTORS
At the end of the 3 weeks, the teams pitch their solutions and present their prototypes to a panel of investors who offer feedback to the teams and elect a winner team.
The 2017 Berkeley panelists are:
• Larry Wang – Associate at Lumia Capital
• Hermann Tribukait– Energy R&D Funds, Managing Partner at Arminius Consulting
• Bahigh Acuna – Co-founder & CEO at Critical Masser
The 2017 Stanford Panelists are:
• Nick Triantos- Venture Partner at Ignition Partners
• Robert Neivert -Venture Partner at 500 Startups
• Jose Miguel Ramos – CEO Envelp Venture Capital
• Larry Wang – Venture Partner at Lumia Capital
• Bahigh Acuna- Co-founder & CEO at Critical Masser
• Jonathan Lewy- Managing Partner at Investo VC
If you want to know more about the program please visit our webpage: https://trepcamp.org/
Don’t hesitate to contact the global coordinator Justine Guenver at Justine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll be happy to chat with you and answer the questions you may have.
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire